1. To implement the tasks according to
- the Price of Goods and Services Act,
- the Business Competition Act,
- the Agricultural futures Trading Act,
- the Commodity Control Act,
- the Rice trading Act,
- the Rice Survey and prohibition of Rice over Stocking Act,
- the Act on Control of Consumable Goods and Other Articles in the State of Emergency,
- the Act on Legal Metrology,
- the laws concerning with control on Business of Public Warehouses of other similar businesses and relevant Acts.
2. To set up, coordinate and work out the overall plans according to the policies and master plans of the Ministry or Commerce including stimulate,
- follow up and evaluate the performance of plans,
- collecting data and statistic and developing of domestic information system.
3. To manage, promote and develop, based on fair trade regime, domestic trade, marketing and markets.
4. To regulate and promote trade system in order to maintain price stabilization of agricultural products.
5. To promote fair trade competition, and control monopoly in the business economics.
6. To administrate fair trade system of price and quantity of goods and also promote and develop the roles of consumers in order to protect their ows right.
7. To manage and develop legal metrology.
8. To regulate trade and marketing and also monitor and control business engaging.
9. To develop laws. Regulations and implement trading measures in order to promote domestic fair trade.
10. To fulfill other tasks which have been empowered by the laws or assigned by the ministry of cabinet to be the authorities of the department